Welcome to the website of the Textile Centre of Excellence!
- High quality training for business and their employees covering a range of skills and areas
- Access to innovative, leading edge technology for the textile sector
- A technical workshop for warping and weaving operations
- A research and product-testing laboratory
- A fully equipped clothing studio
- Information technology training suite
- Award winning multi-media meeting and conferencing facilities
The Centre has always had the provision of quality training at its heart – hence its mission:
“To develop and provide access to a broad range of top quality workforce development and business support services to individuals, member organisations, client companies and the local community. To work closely with private and public sector partners to bring forward new learning opportunities, encouraging inclusion and participation and supporting personal and economic development.”
The 20,000 sq ft Centre offers quality assured, flexible training at all levels from introductory courses and Apprenticeships to training for technicians, supervisors and company managers. Frequently, we provide flexibility for employers by also training on a client’s premises. A range of professional services is also offered including Occupational Health, Environmental and Health and Safety services provided by the Centre’s in-house expert team.
The Centre is a recognised BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 company with more than 70 members. It works closely with its members and with a range of public and private sector bodies to develop and deliver a wide range of activities that stimulate innovation and to develop new skills in areas relevant to the region’s manufacturing industry. The Centre is a member of UKFT, the industry body for UK fashion and textiles and works closely with Creative Skillset, the industry’s sector skill council.